Coronavirus: An Evolving medical situation.....
Are you concerned about the possibility of exposure to the coronavirus? Do you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath? Do you have concerning travel? Do you know that you have been exposed?
1. Coronavirus testing is still limited, but is available if indicated. Results take 3-4 days. Tests are processed at the Michigan Department of Health in Lansing.
2. We have set up a process to evaluate patients partially either with a telehealth visit or in our parking area. This will reduce everyone's exposure.
3. If you would like evaluation, we ask that you register with us on line which gets you in line. We will call you and gather information over the phone. If it is determined that you should be evaluated, the next step will be to come to our parking area. One of our providers will come to your car for more information, examine you, and do testing for influenza and strep if indicated. If it is determined that coronavirus testing is indicated, we will fill out the appropriate forms to obtain approval for testing.
4. Munson lab will provide collections at only one location in Traverse City because of the current limitations of supplies. We will give you the order for the test, you will go to the collection site and stay in your car. The lab personnel will swab your nose and throat while you remain in your car. At the collection site there will be no additional charge for a visit or for the collection.
5. Current testing site hours are variable. You can get the order from us during any of our hours of operation, but the Munson lab collection site hours are currently limited.
We rely on our local health department, local hospital infectious disease department, and the CDC for information. We will always attempt to have the most recent recommendations determine what we do to evaluate and advise you.